Construction site inspections happen where the work is happening – in the field.
That means you need mobile tools that make it easy for anyone tasked with conducting an inspection to access checklists, quickly and accurately fill out forms, and share results with the rest of the team so you can determine next steps.
Here, we’re spotlighting some of the best field inspection software and apps. All of them are cloud-based and available on iOS or Android devices.
Best for Safety Inspections
Safesite is an award-winning safety management system. Its easy-to-use app makes it simple to carry out mobile safety inspections using either your own existing safety forms or choosing from an extensive library of Safesite templates.
- Hazard management and incident reporting from the field
- Safety training and certification tracking
- Offline mode
- Free trial for Premium user level with access to risk management dashboard and reporting limited to 30 days
- Premium: $16 per member per month (when paid annually)
- Enterprise: Custom
OnePlace by Unearth
Best for Geolocating Inspections & Mapping a Mixed Dataset
Our own OnePlace app provides an intuitive way to organize your inspection data – on a dynamic, digital map. Pin drawings, drone imagery, and project documents to their real-world location, then see exactly where your inspections are happening when inspection data uploaded from the jobsite is automatically geolocated.
With inspections represented by icons that change color depending on status, you can view your project in its real-world context and determine at a glance where things stand with your inspections.
- Easy-to-use interface and import/export capabilities
- Custom forms and workflows
- Integrations with Procore, Bentley, and Trimble
- Unearth is now a part of Procore, stay tuned for updates on when map-based capabilities will be available in the Procore platform
Best for Inspection Form Customization
Fulcrum enables users to create completely custom inspection forms and processes with a no-code, drag-and-drop builder. It provides a framework to track and manage quality and safety inspections and workflows from start to finish.
- Automated reporting
- Signature capture
- Form fields for collecting photos, video, audio, barcodes, and QR codes
- 30-day free trial
- Starter: $15 for up to 5 users per month
- Professional: $33 per user per month
- Enterprise (with a minimum of 25 users): Custom
Best Free Inspection Management Tool for Small Teams
Inspection management capabilities are one part of the Fieldwire construction project management platform. Users can assign inspections as a task, then assign any issues discovered to the responsible team, and link all of it to a location on a plan.
- Issue documentation using photos, annotations, and comments
- Scheduling software for inspection planning
- Inclusion of checklists in tasks for easy access during inspection
Price (billed annually)
- Basic: Free with limit of 5 users
- Pro: $39 per user per month
- Business: $59 per user per month
- Premier: $99 per user per month
Inspections: On The Road to a High-Quality Project Delivery
Site inspections provide in-depth project visibility that helps you ensure you are meeting all project requirements – so you can deliver a high-quality project within the contracted scope, budget, and timeline.
But inspections are just one of the things you can do to set up a project up for success throughout the construction process and beyond.